Hi Marcelo. Welcome to the group. :)

No, your application can definitely have different privacy settings.
This stipulation was made to deter applications that show a very rich
profile view to viewers who have the application installed and nothing
to viewers who don't -- ideally, the profile view should be similar
for both classes of users, which ends up benefitting developers since
an enticing profile view will make "guest viewers" more likely to add
your application.

For a "party and social events" app like the one you described, I
would show events that the profile owner has added in the profile
view. Of course, it's perfectly OK to hide private events if the
viewer does not have the proper access, but you should display the
events marked public to all viewers. You may even consider showing the
public events added to the owner's friends' calendars.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers!
- Jason