Hi Ashwin. Are you trying to retrieve the display name of the same
friend in all three browsers? In other words, is there a chance that
this may be related to a particular friend instead of a particular
browser? And are you using the same account in each browser? Is it
possible that idf is null because the account you're using in Firefox
3 has not saved any data in the persistence layer? I assume you are
using the same account across all three but I'm just checking. :)

Can you do some inspection in JS and discover whether idf is null? If
not, can you see if any of the person objects stored in friends has an
ID matching idf?

- Jason