What aren't you seeing exactly? I loaded this application, selected a
gift and a friend, and when I clicked "Envira!", I saw the text "Lane
received Um Livro" appear.

If I had to guess, I'd say you're being affected by a caching issue,
either at the orkut or browser level. I recommend moving all of your
JavaScript into the Content element of your XML specification and just
refreshing with &bpc=1 appended to the address bar to bypass orkut's
cache. Let me know if you need more details on this.

Cheers!
- Jason