The orkut sandbox is a testing environment. Because it is a testing
environment, sandbox allows you to add apps other than the ones in the
orkut application gallery. Such apps only show up in the sandbox (i.e
not on the main site).

Once you have finished testing your app and you feel its good to go,
you need to submit it to the orkut directory (http://www.orkut.co.in/
AppDirectorySubmit.aspx).

After you submit it to the directory, someone will review your app,
point out errors (if any), make a few suggestions (if req.). If the
reviewer feels your app fits the bill, it will be approved and you
will be able to see in the orkut applications gallery.