Please leave of the list of this team. I receive 50 e-mails from each one, I
already solved my problem and I am arranging other tends to turn off 100 a day.
Thankful for the help and attention, but would it like to stop receiving
contacts, ok? Thankful, hug.  PS. He/she excuses the mistakes, but I am using a
translator because I don't understand anything of English.Marcio MartinsNO CASO
DE REPASSAR:"Não mostre o endereço eletrônico de seus contatos ao enviar uma
mensagem. Use BCC ou CCO (cópia oculta). Retire os endereços dos seus contatos
antes de reenviar, inclusive de quem lhe enviou, mesmo que na mensagem conste
apenas o nome.  Ninguém precisa saber quem lhe repassou a  mensagem.
Dificulte a disseminação de vírus e spams". Obrigado. > Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008
13:58:49 -0700> Subject: [orkut-developer] Re: how to get installation
information of an app from redirected website> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
opensocial-orkut@googlegroups.com> > > Hi Raj. Stay tuned to the orkut
Developer Blog later today for an> announcement regarding OpenSocial 0.8 on the
sandbox.> > http://orkutdeveloper.blogspot.com/> > Yes, you're correct that
OpenSocial 0.8 makes it much easier to> determine if a user has the application
installed via a new HAS _APP> field:> >
http://code.google.com/apis/opensocial/docs/0.8/reference/#opensocial.Person.Field.HAS_APP>
 > As far as your last question, you really can't determine if the user> has a
particular desktop application installed from JavaScript -- all> browser
security models that I know of prevent JavaScript from> accessing any
information on the client (files, settings, and so> forth), so I'm afraid
you're out of luck here.> > - Jason> > On Sep 4, 10:37 am, Raj <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> wrote:> > Hi Developers> > Thanks for the idea about 'gender'. I
was going through the OpenSocial> > 0.8 featured video and it talks about a
Javascript API called 'hasapp'> > which tells the app developer if a user has
installed/uninstalled the> > app. But i don t see that api in the opensocial
api references. Am i> > missing something.> >> > Moreover, does anyone have any
idea when Orkut will move to OpenSocial> > 0.8 so that developers can use these
new apis.> >> > The question I asked last time has a little more to it. Let me>
> reiterate with an example> >> > Suppose I develop an Orkut app which gives
the user a choice to> > install some software from a website (like Skype or
Yahoo ) on to the> > "desktop" of the user's machine [not on the Google
Server]. In that> > case:> > a) How do I make sure that the user installed my
Orkut App (on the> > google server)? (Jason already answered that with a good
idea about> > 'Gender')> > b) How do I make sure that the user installed the
app from the> > redirected website (Skype or Yahoo) on to the desktop?> >> >
Please let me know if my question requires further clarification.> >> > Thanks>
PROTECTED]> wrote:> >> > > You'll have to send this information with the
redirect itself.> > > Unfortunately, there isn't a convenient method for
determining whether> > > a given person has the current application installed,
but there are> > > other ways to infer this. For example, you can request an
extended> > > profile field such as GENDER. After the viewer is retrieved, you
can> > > inspect this field -- if the result is not null, this confirms that> >
> the viewer has installed the application. This technique works because> > >
gender is a required field in orkut but this information is only> > > available
for users with the app installed.> >> > > Once you have this information, pass
it as a URL argument to the> > > software installation page.> >> > > Cheers!> >
> - Jason> >> > > On Sep 1, 12:32 pm, Raj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> >> > > >
Hi Developers> > > > Suppose I have a Orkut app which allows the user to
redirect to a> > > > publicly available website's software installation page.
In that case,> > > > how can i retrieve information whether the app from the
redirected> > > > page was installed or not by the orkut user?> >> > > > Do let
me know your views.> > > > Thanks> > > > Raj>