Hi kallol. Can you link me to your gadget spec? I can try to reproduce
the issue with your application, but, doing my own quick copy and
paste job on this end seems to work fine. Of course, the problem may
also be browser-related; which version of Firefox are you using and
which platform are you running it under?

To answer your questions:
a) To be on the safe side, you should keep your messages under 2K in
size for older browsers using the IFPC transport.
b) Yes, as long as y.php is called from x.php while running in the
IFrame. Otherwise, you need to pass a targetId into the call method:

http://code.google.com/apis/opensocial/docs/0.7/reference/gadgets.rpc.html#call

- Jason