Yes -- just pass the user's ID into
opensocial.DataRequest.newFetchPersonRequest instead of 'OWNER' or
'VIEWER'. If the user has your application installed, your app should
be able to access all fields including name, profile URL, etc.

Of course, if you want to do this for many users, it's probably better
to just store the thumbnail URLs and names on your back-end and fetch
them all at once.

- Jason