Hi Swapnil

AJAX cross domain calls are not allowed due to browser restrictions.
That is, you would never be able to call a file on server X using AJAX
call from a server Y. So, this is no something orkut specific. That is
how the web works, no cross domain calls. :-)

Orkut's makeRequest is a server-to-server call, unlike AJAX
(client-to-server), this call can be cross domain.

Raman