I'm a bit desperate already :)
I have read EVERY post on this subject, and tried a lot of things,
none of them worked.
I have 1 account with the application installed, he has 3 friends, and
I installed the application on one of them as well. All of them in
Sandbox obviously.

BUT, when I use the HAS_APP filter - NOTHING is shown on my
application window (when I remove it,  the full list of friends does
appear, as expected).

please, does anybody have a complete and tested piece of simple
application code that works,
for me to try?

*I tried this -

function request()
{
   var req = opensocial.newDataRequest();
   var opt = {};

   opt[opensocial.DataRequest.PeopleRequestFields.FILTER] =
opensocial.DataRequest.FilterType.HAS_APP;
req.add(req.newFetchPeopleRequest("VIEWER_FRIENDS", opt),
'viewerFriends');
req.send(response);
}

and many other rather similar code examples, nothing worked!

REALLY appreciate some help :)