Hi Prassana. Right now, your best bet is to use a persistence "flag"
plus back-end database. Every time your application loads, you can
check whether a user has a specific persistence key set. If not, use
makeRequest to send the user's ID to your back-end and store it, then
set the key using OpenSocial's Persistence API. We realize this is not
ideal, and we plan to expose a better interface for tracking these and
other metrics in a future update.

You should also be able to use Google Analytics to track the number of
page views although some users have reported issues with this
recently. Let me know if you want more details and I'll try to help
you out.

- Jason