On Nov 24, 11:09 am, Jason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Prayag. Welcome to the orkut developer community! :)
>
> At this point in time, the API is read-only. So your gadgets are able
> to access the current profile image of a user but can't set this
> image. Is this what you're asking?
>
> - Jason
>
> On Nov 23, 11:41 pm, Prayag <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi All
> > I am newbie in OpenSocial gadget programming for orkut. I want ask a
> > simple question, is it possible to access the orkut server from a
> > gadget.I want to upload the profile image from the gadget so for this
> > I have to access the server where the original profile images are
> > stored. Can my gadget access the orkut server if yes how.
>
> > waiting for your replies.
>
> > thanks
> > Prayag Rawat

Hi, Jason thanks for a quick reply.
Actually my problem is something different, I want to change the
profile image of a user through a mobile/desktop client.For this
I have  to access the orkut server or is there is a direct method for
this.If I have to access the orkut server then how I access the orkut
server(any hint).

How I use gadgets to do the above task. Can I call a gadget
application through our mobile/desktop client and send the image as a
parameter to the gadget, and after receiving the image at gadget, can
the gadget access the orkut server so that it (gadget) can upload the
image at user profile.

Am I thinking in a right way? what is the appropriate solution for the
above problem.
its urgent ..please reply.