Hi Vick,

Most part of application resides on client-side if you use the opensocial
javascript api. The server-side application can be designed as tradicional
web applications, and usually respond as JSON data format.

I think the biggest requirement you have on server-side is the signed
request which is used to ensure that the request cames from Orkut, for that
you should validate your requests using the OAuth.

Best Regards,
Michel Bottan