From: Prashant Patil­ <prashantpandurangpa...@gmail.com>
Subject: [orkut-developer] Re: Playing a sound file on user clicks
To: opensocial-orkut@googlegroups.com
Date: Monday, February 9, 2009, 8:38 AM

Go for swf sound players!

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Javediq143 <javediq_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I'm starting to develop a NEW APPS on ORKUT but this time I want to

make some enhancement as compared to my all the earlier APPS.

The APPS, for a new upcoming bollywood flick, will have around 7-8

sections. When a user clicks on any section then before loading the

content of that section I want to play a sound file. In detail:

User clicks on a section which will call a JS function which will

first plays a sound file and when the sound gets over the content of

the called section will get displayed.

The sound file will be very small, for just a second like

"Wrrroooooom". This will give the user a more feel about the movie.

I had surfed the web and came to know the pros and cons for playing

sound in different browser. Can this be done in the ORKUT APPS. Also,

I don't want to present a dialogue box to user for any ACTIVE X

object.

Is there a way around for this to work consistently in major

browser???

Please suggest me some solution.

Thanks,

Javed