We spend a lot of time and money building apps for users. While, I
totally understand and support the need for proper screening in
approval process, we definitely need some predictability in the
approval process timing.

App XML: http://tinyurl.com/anvxxs

App first submitted: January 31st

App rejected with feedback: February 19th (After 20 days)

The app's contents look very similar to an existing and published app.
If you are the publisher of the existing app you need to be logged in
as the app owner while submitting. Please verify ownership of all apps
you own, including the current one, by visiting
http://www.google.com/gadgets/directory/verify.
Existing app which matches your app:
http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Application.aspx?appId=748828388286
Please do resubmit your app when you have fixed the above.

App resubmitted: February 19th

We resubmitted after necessary corrections( we owned both apps so we
verified ownership and also resubmitted as publisher of existing app)

We need to have some general information on how long apps will take to
be approved and if we have to re-submit, how long before they are
approved.

Thank you for your help.