After reading the announcement on OpenSocial blog (http://
opensocialapis.blogspot.com/2009/03/test-drive-data-pipelining-
and.html) and the new specs mentioned (http://wiki.opensocial.org/
index.php?title=Data_Pipelining and
http://wiki.opensocial.org/index.php?title=OpenSocial_Templates_Developer%27s_Guide):

1) What will be the process of whitelisting applications to be shown
in profiles? It will be a manual review, checking whether the
application is using the new specs? Or something else?

2) In examples, I could see that opensocial-0.8 or 0.9 was not
required:

<ModulePrefs title="Server-side Template">
  <Require feature="opensocial-data" />
  <Require feature="opensocial-templates">
    <Param name="process-on-server">true</Param>
  </Require>
</ModulePrefs>

Am I supposed to use one (opensocial-0.x) or the other (-data and -
templates)? In other words, are the new specs compatible with the
existing spec (0.8)? The current spec will be deprecated?

3) The examples illustrates the most basic scenario, showing some
data, period. It's not clear at all how I can click on a button, post
data to my server and showing the data I received back. In the Data
Pipeline spec, it's shown some Javascript snippets using the new API,
but I could not figure out on how to make a request to my server upon
a user input. The method
"opensocial.data.DataContext.registerListener" actually triggers the
request keyed by the parameter value?

4) From what I can see, the current profile view issue is related to
XSS attacks, which Templates alone addresses. Will the Data Pipeline
be mandatory too?

5) The blog says that "Using data pipelining and templates will reduce
the number of round trips between the container and your server...". I
just don't see this happening, my server will receive the exact same
number of calls. If the container will be able to better handle async
requests with the spec, this is another thing, as well as if it's
easier (by being declarative) or not. Also, if this particular spec
doesn't address the current problem with profile views, IMHO I should
not be forced to used it.

6) It's not clear what is a "os:DataRequest". First, is said to be
equivalent to makeRequest, but the example show it's the very same
thing as "os:PeopleRequest", while "os:HttpRequest" would be the new
makeRequest.

7) Where is Caja? I was told on Caja forum that the reason why Caja is
not being used yet is confidential, but if Orkut put this project to
work, only one point would have to be changed, the container, not all
of the hundreds of gadgets specs out there.

8) Will the current whilelisted application have a deadline to convert
to the new specs too?

Thanks.