Melina,
as Aakash said and I tested, we can insert localised html into an object
using javascript, but this javascript can't be called using <script
src="file.js">. It needs to be in the "yourapp.xml" body, like:

<script>
$('#header .txt').html(*"*__MSG_BATTLES__*"*);
</script>

Note: I'm using jQuery to insert html, but you can use tradicional ways...

regards,
Jota