I'm experiencing the same problem said here:

http://groups.google.com/group/opensocial-orkut/browse_thread/thread/c285853753abe4f5/a6bdb55e7b3a33ac?lnk=gst&q=bad+request#a6bdb55e7b3a33ac

Highlights:

"- In our log, we can see that collected data about the error, which
was generated when the user 123 was trying to request "/msgs". But we
can't find, in the request logs, that request of that user asking for
/msgs. This suggests our server is not receiving the request, or that
AppEngine is not logging them. "

"When that occured, all subsequent requests
didn't work. It was needed to reload the page (the orkut
Application.aspx), and everything worked fine, suggesting it was like
an orkut authentication token that expired, maybe. "

To reproduce the problem, using my app, just open it and leave for 1hr
or so... That's
because it sends a signed request in 30 interval. Before I started
using signed requests everything went fine

my app:
http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#AppInfo.aspx?appId=412596494061
Multiplayer battle-ship game. You gain 1 shot every 30min (that's why
I need to do a signed request)

Is there a fix?
Thanks!