Ok, I disabled localization for now and hard coded Portuguese strings in my
app's xml. This is bad for my English and Spanish users, but it is much
better than the app not being usable.

It would be nice to know if this gets fixed in the future so I can re-enable
localization.

This seems to be a caching issue since I believe this happens after I update
my app's xml. If I am correct, after a few days of updating my app,
localization works fine. But today for example, 12 hrs after updating my
app's xml, localization was still really bad, sometimes I was not able to
get my localized strings at all, no matter how many times I reloaded the
app. This is pretty bad for me since I update my app's xml frequently.

Thanks,
Rene