Hi all,
   i' m trying to create an application for book and movies reviews
and i have some problems.
The concept of the application in few words is that a user writes a
review about a book/movie and sends it to his friends.

The problems i have are listed below:

1) i want to add tabs as navigation through the application but i
want to put the code in an external javascript file. I tried to do it
but it didn't work.It worked only when i put the code in the CDATA
part of the xml file (internal javascript). Why is that happening?

2) i want to add a star rating system in my application. Each user
can rate the book/movie he comments and the recorded grade would saved
somewhere. Can i do this using a database saved on App Engine? How?

Thanks,
Simos

PS: I'm really in hurry so i'm looking forward to receiving your
answer ASAP.