Hi SDG,

I'm still not totally clear on what you intend to do, and if you could
explain in detail, we may be able to help you better. But the bottom
line is that the OpenSocial JS API works only within the context of an
OpenSocial container (orkut, you know, is one). For anything else,
you'll need to use a library that authenticates you to an SNS that
implements OpenSocial and makes OpenSocial requests to the REST/JSON-
RPC endpoints exposed by that SNS. Or else you could have your site
implement the OpenSocial spec itself, let's say by deploying Shindig
on your server.

~Prashant.