Hello everyone,

Several developers are reporting an issue where the Activities you post
through the server-to-server API can't be seen by friends. We are aware
of this issue and our engineers are already working on it! So stay
tuned for updates.

Also, remember that the problem only happens when you try to post an
activity through the server-to-server API. If you post from inside a
gadget (using the OpenSocial JS API), it should work fine.

Just as a reminder, this is how you would do this from inside a gadget:

var params = {};
params[opensocial.Activity.Field.TITLE] = "some text here";
var activity = opensocial.newActivity(params);
opensocial.requestCreateActivity(activity,
opensocial.CreateActivityPriority.HIGH, yourcallback);

function yourcallback(data) {
if (data.hadError()) {
// alert user that an error occurred
}