Hello, folks.

I haven't written here much -- We were busy dealing with the problem
of "app not whitelisted", that has haunted us for about three months
now. The problem is not solved, but we managed to restrict it to a
very little corner. It will be gone by the end of the year.

The version being pushed to production today should be more stable
regarding apps. prod.sandbox was updated as well. Please test your
apps and let us know if we overlooked anything.

Problems we're actively working on:

1. data pipelining isn't showing on production.
2. Automated app reviewer is down.
3. XSS and other abuse by malicious apps.

Visible changes in this push:

1. activities generated from 3LO apps now get their own activity slot,
just like a regular app.
2. sanitization of activities form 3LO apps is slightly more
restrictive, please verify that your app still produces proper bodies.

I hope to have more good news next week. Any feedback from you is as
usual highly appreciated.

Best regards,
The orkut apps team