Prashant,

This documentation was translated from english[1] and the portuguese version
is really ambiguous. Technically, the specification allows the container to
ping the server, notifying that the application was installed/uninstalled.
But in fact, it never worked (or not implemented?).

As you might remember, the developers console came up right after many
developers started asking about statistics and so on.

[1]-
http://code.google.com/intl/en-us/apis/orkut/docs/orkutdevguidelines.html

<http://code.google.com/intl/en-us/apis/orkut/docs/orkutdevguidelines.html>-Robson
Dantas