The code for publishing update is as follows:

function publishTimeLeft(){
 var timeLeft = document.getElementById("cntdwn").innerHTML;
 var streamTitle = "Time left to Cricket World Cup - 2011";
 var streamBody = timeLeft;
 var streamThumbnail = "https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9999259/
cricket_world_cup_countdown_logo.png";

 var params = {};
 params[opensocial.Activity.Field.TITLE] = streamTitle;
 params[opensocial.Activity.Field.BODY] = streamBody;
 params[opensociaL.MediaItem.Field.THUMBNAIL_URL] = streamThumbnail;

 var activity = opensocial.newActivity(params)
 opensocial.requestCreateActivity(activity,
opensocial.CreateActivityPriority.HIGH, function(){});
}

but it is not working... still waiting for solution