Greetings,

I am brand new to working with OpenSocial and Orkut and I've been
going through the available tutorials and guides such as this one:

http://bit.ly/PArb

and this video tutorial:

http://bit.ly/lGXxw7

I have signed up for the Developer Sandbox and it *seems* I did this
successfully but even still I'm having the following issues:

1) The Orkut GUI being shown/used in these tutorials is the older
version.  The newer Orkut GUI does not seem to work in the same manner
at all.  Specifically, I do not see how to add an application without
submitting it for approval first which would seem to defeat the
purpose of using the sandbox.
2) I've successfully hosted my helloword.xml file on Google Code
Project hosting BUT I cannot figure out (don't laugh) how to get a URL
that I can use to add my simple gadget in the applications area using
the old Orkut GUI.  Again, I would much prefer to use the new Orkut
GUI but I don't for the reasons already stated.

So I'm sure I've made mistakes here but I would really appreciate some
guidance on how to get going with developing on Orkut using
OpenSocial.

Thanks,
Max