Hi!

You need two things:

1- Get the scrapid, in order to reply;
2- Add a parameter to scrapActivity called msgId;

Looking the class WriteScrapTx.java, it is possible to reply a scrap, there
is a contructor available, see:

WriteScrapTx(String personId, String body, String scrapId) {
    this(personId, body);
    request.addParameter(Params.MSG_ID, scrapId);
  }

And also, ScrapTxFactory has a method to reply a scrap, see:

 public WriteScrapTx replyToScrap(String userId, String scrapId, String
body) {
    return new WriteScrapTx(userId, body, scrapId);
  }

Are you using the latest version ?
http://code.google.com/p/orkut-os-client/source/browse/java/src/com/google/orkut/client/api/ScrapTxFactory.java#87

Best