Matthew Ahrens writes:
> The introduction of the 'autoexpand' will allow administrators the
> ability to enable or disable automatic pool expansion when a Dynamic LUN
> Expansion event is received.  The syntax for setting the pool property
> utilizes the "set" subcommand defined in PSARC 2006/577:
>
>    # zpool set autoexpand=on <pool>
>    # zpool create -o autoexpand=on <pool> <device> ..
[...]
>        expanded before the new space is made available to the pool. The
>        default behavior is "off". This property can also be referred to

Having been bit by this, I certainly agree with having this feature
default to "off".  It's surprising when detaching a disk causes the
rubber band to snap outwards.

However, what explicit command can I use when I want to cause the
expansion to occur?  With SVM, I would have done my disk manipulations
(whatever they were) and then finally told SVM to sync up with the
largest available disk in the pool like this:

        # metattach d1

Shouldn't there be a command like "zpool grow <pool>"?

--
James Carlson, Solaris Networking              <james.d.carlson at sun.com>