Grant,

I think we need to document the limitations and direct the Areca
user to the better tools that we have available that they may not
be familiar with, along with the reasons why. If the limitations
exist on other platforms/filesystems as well, they may be OK with
those limitations if this is the best choice for that platform.

This gives them the familiarity, yet nudges them towards the tools
that will work better for them.

-- mark