I. Szczesniak wrote:
> Such as __sun_ksh_93__.2008.05.28__namespace__.____LONG DESCRIPTION____.enum?

No, such as "set ksh_language_level=93s" or something - it's not our place
to design here, just ask if it's been considered.   Hopefully Glenn or David
can tell us how this is handled in general, since it's surely an issue on all
platforms, not just Solaris.

> I am sorry, this doesn't make sense. No one asked the bash port
> maintainers to do this when bash added features in 3.2 and Sun updated
> to 3.2 last year. Or Python. Or JAVA.

Actually, it's exactly what we do with C, C++, and Java (not sure about
Python off hand) - the compilers have flags for which version of the
language spec a program was written to - you can compile old source
code with cc -xc99=%none, or java -source 1.4 and not worry that your
program uses words that were safe to use in C89 or Java 1.4 but are
now reserved in C99 or Java 6.

        -Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com