Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Nicolas Williams <Nicolas.Williams at sun.com> wrote:
>

>> That's an argument for closing off /usr/bin.  Everything should go into
>> a /usr/pkg/*/bin or /opt/*/bin or whatever, and every user is
>> responsible for maintaining a very long PATH or a lynk farm.
>>

> IIRC, software not under BSDL has a hard way going into /usr/bin/
> It would make sense to have only those programs in /usr/bin/ that are fully
> integrated into ON
>
> J?rg

Correct me if I misunderstand you, but my mother (to use a previous
analogy) doesn't
care about the license.  Even the developer of application on Solaris
doesn't care about
this licensing.  Only we, the developers of OpenSolaris, care about this
(or others who
want to steal\h\h\h\h\hreuse our code).

Who are we designing the system for?

Am I missing something?