On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 01:45:49PM -0700, Danek Duvall wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 03:15:06PM -0500, Dean Roehrich wrote:
>
> >     /etc/bash_completion.d/quilt Uncommitted        BASH cmd completion file
>
> There's currently no /etc/bash_completion.d directory.  Is that defined by
> any of the bash cases, or are you introducing it with this case?  Does bash
> actually look there by default?  Why isn't this in /usr/share, as this
> isn't really configuration data.  /usr/share is where zsh puts its
> completion files.

Yuck.  Well, I see /etc/bash.bashrc on a couple of linux machines available to
me, and bash.bashrc references /etc/bash_completion.d.  And the quilt
packaging wants to install the file in that location.  After digging a bit in
the bash packaging in the SFW consolidation I can see that our bash installs
nothing in /etc, and installs nothing equivalent to /etc/bash.bashrc,
/etc/bashrc, or /etc/bash_completion.d in any other location, either.

I will modify the packaging to not install /etc/bash_completion.d/quilt.

Dean