Hi, Darren,

Thanks for the clarification. Although we will surely begin phase 2
after phase 1 and address the other
issues including stability of /dev/dsp, we will take the other approach
mentioned by Garrett to make
this node an internal path that only visible to kernel because the risk
of having /dev/dsp visible but not usuable.
However, to be blunt, I have not seen any practical serious risks to do
so besides it is kind of ugly.
Therefore, I will be grateful if you can explain further here. I feel
here is a window through which I can look
into the architecture world.

Best regards
  Freeman