John> Understood.  An alternative to the current, simplistic "must be on
John> the alias to post" spam handler could be along the lines of
John> vectoring all the OS.o mailing lists thru Sun's spam firewall....

Can you explain in more detail how that would work?

The current approach of having people send to an internal list (e.g.,
psarc-ext at sunc.com) and vectoring that to opensolaris.org doesn't work
well, at least as present.  Mailman holds the mail for moderation, no
matter who it's from, apparently because the opensolaris.org address
doesn't appear in the "to" or "cc" list.  (The opensolaris-arc
moderators have been very busy approving postings for the ksh93 case.)
AFAICT, this behavior is not something we can change using the mailman
admin interface.

John> ARC related mail must not require the sender to have membership on
John> any OS.o alias.  That is, ARC related email will come from many
John> places, including non OS.o members.

>> Can you give some examples?  For example, ARC administrative staff
>> might not be active on opensolaris.org, but presumably there is (or
>> will be) an ARC announcement list that they'd want to be on.

John> This is easy - you send a comment to the open solaris ARC about
John> ksh93, but you are not on the ksh93-interest alias, so your mail
John> doesn't go to that alias.

Okay, I misunderstood your requirement.  I believe that this requirement
would be satisfied by the much-discussed-but-not-yet-implemented
approach of letting anyone who is subscribed to any opensolaris.org list
post to any other non-moderated opensolaris.org list.

mike