Joseph Kowalski <Joseph.Kowalski at eng.sun.com> wrote:

> Once again, on Solaris Public can almost be associated 1:1 to "has a
> published man page".
>
> I think this is confusing things because David seems to have done the
> Linux thing of embedding the man page in the executable.  That is an
> implementation detail.  You get that man page by passing the appropriate
> flags/options down from the caller.  The Public interfaces are (for
> example):
>
>       /usr/bin/chmod
>
>       builtin chmod
>
> and *not* libcmd:d_chmod()
>
> What I think we have here is a failure to communicate.

There is another important issue to discuss:

mkisofs and star (both part of OpenSolaris - mkisofs in reality, star virtually
by PSARC 2004/480 but comming in reality in a few weeks) both use my libfind
for implementing a find(1) syntax that allows to use enhanced identical DLI
features. Libfind implements a library version of the find(1) command that
allows to enhance any command with find(1) syntax. Libfind implements a true
superset of the Sun find command.

It would be nice to replace Sun's find by a small 200 line program that is
based on libfind to give identical find(1) syntax in all places.

..... and it would of course be nice to have identical CLI behavior in a find
that may be a ksh93 builtin.

How do we let this happen?

J?rg

--