John Sonnenschein wrote:
> I've got a question about this...
>
> Whose responsibility is it to update the man pages and --man command
> then? The people whose jobs it is to update man pages, or the people
> whose jobs it is to update the command line utility?
>
> Basically if a new flag is added in the future for some reason, how will
> one synchronize the man pages?

Usually, that's done by filing a bug against the man pages.

The advantage of keeping the documentation separate is that it's in the
hands of professional documentation writers, who are able to keep a
consistent style across all of the system man pages.

I'm with Garrett about the inadvisability of baking man page
documentation into executables, but for ksh93-related things, I think
that ship has unfortunately sailed.