Stefan Teleman writes:
> > My personal preference at this point is #2.  Unless you state your
> > intention to follow course 1 or course 3, please consider your case
> > derailed.  I'm willing to talk off line with you and the compiler folks
> > to help formulate appropriate materials for a full case.
>
> I will not reduce the scope to Project/Consolidation Private, I will not
> voluntarily derail, nor will I voluntarily withdraw it.

I don't want to get drawn back into this absurd back-and-forth, but
I'll still offer one point of possibly useful clarification: "derail"
is in no way related to "deny."

"Derail" simply means that we need to get this project on the PSARC
agenda as soon as possible (Wednesday next week would be the earliest
regularly scheduled meeting, but in the past we've scheduled meetings
outside of the usual time in order to handle extraordinary requests)
so that it can be discussed in real time, rather than by email flame
fest.

Given the volume of email, even if this case were to be approved as
originally written, I don't think I'm alone in being confused about
the implications.  That's a clear "this is not suitable for fast-track
treatment" sign, as fast-tracks are supposed to be "obvious" and
"non-controversial."

Derailing (voluntarily or otherwise) looks to me like the best way
forward for the project team.

--
James Carlson, Solaris Networking              <james.d.carlson at sun.com>