Danek Duvall wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 10:35:36AM +1000, James C. McPherson wrote:
>
>> You seem to be conflicting with
>>
>> 6674032 Introduce GCC 4.3.x in Nevada
>> 6674042 Introduce MPFR (Multiple Precision Floating-Point Rounding Library)
>> in Nevada
>> 6674044 Introduce GNU MP 4.2.4 in Nevada
>
> There's also
>
>     PSARC/2008/378 Move gcc and binutils from /usr/sfw/bin to /usr/bin

We consulted the submitter, Craig Mohrman.  The case is stalled in Sun
legal.  Craig agrees with the concept in our proposal of using
/usr/compilers/... for this and future versions of compilers allowing
multiple versions to coexist.  Users would then control which is the
default compiler version by which links package is installed.

>     PSARC/2008/656 GNU binutils version 4.3.x

This has not been integrated into the builds yet.  The submitter, Stefan
Teleman, agrees that the correct action at this time is to go with
binutils 2.19 and gcc 4.3.2 that we propose.

Thanks,
George