John Plocher writes:
> Ali Bahrami wrote:
> > Note that there are two emacs variants in wide use, GNU emacs,
> > and Xemacs. This case is for GNU emacs only.
>

> >      SUNWemacs
> >      SUNWemacs-el
> >      SUNWemacs-x
> >      SUNWemacs-nox
>

> Given that there will probably also be a call for having Xemacs,
> wouldn't it be better to use package names that make it obvious
> which one this is?  Maybe SUNWgnuemacs or  GNUemacs or ....

It probably shouldn't be "GNUemacs," unless Mr. GNU is building the
package.

A deeper question is the value of integrating something that we know
from the outset will be essentially a frozen snapshot dust collector
due to Sun's internal legal issues.  Wouldn't it be better to have
someone outside of Sun who isn't afraid of GPLv3 do the work?

--
James Carlson, Solaris Networking              <james.d.carlson at sun.com>