On Fri 01 Aug 2008 at 02:15PM, Bart Smaalders wrote:
> I want emacs in the wos.  I do not want to see it held hostage to
> legal's inability to come to terms w/ gplv3.
>

> >If they all do get frozen, then that stinks, and it makes hash of the
> >whole rationale for trying to ship them in the first place.
> >

> The gplv3 mess will get resolved.  I don't want to see this or other
> projects held up until it happens; I'd much rather have a slight old
> version of emacs for a while rather than none at all.

I'll chime in as well, in support of this proposal in general:
having a working emacs for this people who depend on emacs as a
productivity tool is a big win.

This is such a big win that if it's a year old or whatever it doesn't
matter.

Nice work Ali!  Thanks for doing this!  I think your 'emacs' shell
script is the right way forward and could be the right solution
for other editors facing the same issue.

        -dp

--
Daniel Price - Solaris Kernel Engineering - dp at eng.sun.com - blogs.sun.com/dp