Jim Li wrote:
> Darren J Moffat ??:
>> Jim Li wrote:

>>> Understood. Which way is better, SUID(root root 600) or root slocate
>>> 640?
>>
>> root:slocate 640
>>
> Do you think root:root 600 is aslo acceptable?

No because that means slocate is then setuid to root, or it needs to run
at least with file_dac_read which is IMO far too powerful given that
isn't how it is usually deployed.

> Because there are no preinstall or postinstall scripts in IPS, so there
> is no way to create a group when adding a package and delete this group
> when removing the package.

I thought IPS did have a way to create users and groups.

Either way this case talks about SVR4 packages not IPS and this case has
to integrate via an SVR4 process not directly to IPS.

--
Darren J Moffat