James Carlson wrote:
> James C. McPherson writes:
>> We're requesting a release binding of micro. There's no intention
>> of pushing this back into Solaris 10.
>
> Oh.  There aren't any Micro releases on the horizon, so that's a
> little confusing.
>
> Using that binding means "Nevada only" for now, the same as a Minor
> release binding.

I don't see why it is confusing.  To me that says that is is low risk
but not deemed low enough to do in a patch (patch and micro really
aren't the same because the delivery mechanism is different and patches
(usually) need to be able to be reversed yet micro releases don't need
to be downgraded.

The current release in progress being "higher" than micro isn't really
an issue here.  If on the other hand the current release was micro and a
case requested minor there would be something to discuss.

--
Darren J Moffat