Shawn Walker wrote:
> Nicolas Williams wrote:
>>> Again, my questions about the reasons for that haven't been answered
>>> yet:
>>>
>>> * Why /usr/compilers at all?  We don't have /usr/webservers or
>>>   /usr/databases.
>>
>> I object to /usr/compilers also.  Might I suggest /usr/lib/compilers
>> instead?
>
> So why was /usr/compilers chosen instead of /usr/gcc, etc. as we have
> /usr/apache, /usr/apache2, etc. now?

We choose /usr/compliers because we wanted a central location for all
compilers, both GCC and Sun Studio.  The Studio team plans to follow
this convention as well.  We could use /usr/lib/compilers as easily as
/usr/compilers.  Is there a reason we should avoid /usr/compilers?  I
see we have things like /usr/apache, /usr/appserver, /usr/jdk, /usr/php,
and /usr/mysql already in place on solaris.

Thanks,
George