Glenn Skinner wrote:
>     Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 20:29:22 -0800 (PST)
>     From: Alan Coopersmith <Alan.Coopersmith at sun.com>
>     Subject: Xorg server 1.5 [PSARC/2009/021 FastTrack timeout 01/21/2009]

>     Loadable Module Interfaces:
>     ---------------------------

>     The X team has worked with the SPARC graphics team to help them
>     produce updates to their drivers, which are planned for delivery
>     in coordination with the Xorg 1.5 delivery.
>
> Should there should be a case dependency established to help enforce
> this coordination?  (I would think so.)

I don't know if they've planned an ARC case for their driver updates
(kfb/XVR-2500 is the only one currently integrated, as efb/XVR-100/300
 hasn't integrated yet).   I've cc'ed the engineers who would be
responsible for that.

Technically, they are importing new interfaces (dixLookupPrivate, etc.)
so I suppose a case would be in order, though it would presumably be
self-review or automatic approval.   The only real question for such a
case would be if it is following the example of the open source drivers
in only supporting the ABI version it was built against, or if it is
following the example of the nvidia closed drivers in supporting multiple
ABI versions in a single binary by detecting the ABI version at runtime
and adjusting appropriately.

        -Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com