Garrett D'Amore writes:
> I wonder if it might not be a terrible idea to have /usr/bin/python2 and
> /usr/bin/python3 ?  I don't know enough about Python, but if the
> incompatibilities are similar in scope the incompatibilities that
> existed between perl4 and perl5, then having a link that points to the
> latest minor release within a given major release might be useful.

Sure; if it makes sense to the submitter.

In this case, I *think* I've gotten to the bottom of the original
design intent, which was not to provide a link to the "newest version
of 2.x," but rather to provide a link to the "newest recommended
version you should run if all you know is that you want something
called 'Python'."

--
James Carlson, Solaris Networking              <james.d.carlson at sun.com>