>  >> The solaris.login authorizations are granted to all accounts via
>  >> "Basic Solaris User", so the behaviour of the system remains the same
>  >> in default configurations.
>  >
>  >     Since we do not want customers modifying Sun delivered Rights
>  >     Profiles, IMO it would be better to add a new Rights Profile
>  >     and add that to PROFS_GRANTED, or to add solaris.login.* to
>  >     AUTHS_GRANTED.
>  >

> Customers that want to deviate from the default profile can define their
> own "Site Solaris User" and assign that in PROFS_GRANTED. I don't see
> the value in adding another default profile as "Basic Solaris User" is
> just that.

        I realize that.  And they may not want to do so.  It seems to me
        that it would be just as easy for this project to add the
        solaris.login.* to policy.conf AUTHS_GRANTED= than to Basic Solaris
        User and then the admin could just change policy.conf rather than
        have to create a new profile and update pam.conf if they wanted
        no remote login for example -- this the same strategy as for
        disabling use of cdrw.

>  >> Standards, Environments, and Macros                   pam_auths(5)

        Looking at the man page again, I missed a few things the first
        time.  As the man page is also for a programming interface for
        callers of pam as well as an administrative interface for the
        parameters to the module, the pam items need to be discussed.

        Additionally, I presume PAM_USER is the user whose authorizations
        are checked.  I didn't see that explicitly mentioned.  Specifically
        I presume ruid, PAM_RUSER and PAM_AUSER have not part in the policy.

Gary..