Shi-Ying Irene Huang wrote:
 >   3.3. Business Justification:
>
>        Avant Window Navigator (Awn) is a dock-like bar which sits at the
> bottom of the
>        screen. It has support for launchers, task lists, and third party
> applets.
>
>        So it can provide user an easy way to track the opened windows, and
> user
>        can launch some location by simply click some launcher, user also can
> add
>        applets, and set the theme to make AWN looks very cool.
>
>   3.4. Competitive Analysis:
>
>        Mac OS has leopard Dock.

Hi Irene,
I'm sorry, I really do not think you've argued the business
justification at all: "looks very cool" does not work for me.

Did you perhaps mean to say that you want this integrated in
order to provide a user experience which is comparable to
that of Mac OS X or the latest bleeding edge linux desktop?

How will this interact with the existing GNOME Panel?

What requirements are there for applications to ensure that
they behave properly with AWN? Will I have to recompile things
in order to get the "stick to desktop #Z" behaviour?

James C. McPherson
--
Senior Kernel Software Engineer, Solaris
Sun Microsystems