Sebastien Roy wrote:
> 3. Proposed Architectural Changes
>
>   This case proposes a new sys_dl_config privilege that is a subset of
>   the existing sys_net_config privilege.  This privilege will be
>   required to make modifications to datalink configuration, but will
>   not be required to read datalink configuration.  The

Just to make it clear I believe this is really:  "The sys_dl_config
privilege OR the sys_net_config privilege will be required to make
modifications to the datalink configuration".   Which is what Seb means
by "subset".  The privilege framework has no real concept of privilege
subsets so this has to be explicitly checked by the caller.

--
Darren J Moffat