Wyllys Ingersoll writes:

> Rainer Orth wrote:
> > Wyllys Ingersoll <Wyllys.Ingersoll at sun.com> writes:
> >
> >> Deliverables
> >> ------------
> >> /usr/bin/tor                       SFW     Uncommitted
> >> /usr/bin/tor-resolve               SFW     Uncommitted
> >> /usr/bin/tor-gencert               SFW     Uncommitted
> >
> > Does this really belong into /usr/bin?  Is a regular user supposed to
> > invoke tor or any of the two other commands?  I suppose this is rather for
> > /usr/sbin (or maybe even /usr/lib or /usr/lib/tor) if the tor binary is for
> > a daemon controlled by SMF.
>
> 'tor' should probably move to /usr/lib/ since it is a daemon process started
> by SMF,
> I will update the spec and build environment.

Fine, thanks.

> tor-resovle and tor-gencert are commands that a user would use, so they
> probably
> belong in /usr/bin

Right, I've checked the man pages.

> >> /usr/man/man1/tor.1                SFW     Uncommitted
> >> /usr/man/man1/tor-resolve.1        SFW     Uncommitted
> >> /usr/man/man1/tor-gencert.1        SFW     Uncommitted
> >
> > Similar questions here: shouldn't this be section 1M instead?
>
> .1 is where they live on a Linux system, but if there is consensus that it
> should be 1M on Solaris, I have no issue with changing it.

Solaris is not Linux (thank god) :-)  It should be tor(8) on Linux anyway,
but tor(1M) on Solaris for admin commands.  Since tor-resolve und
tor-gencert are user commands, they should remain in section 1.

        Rainer

Rainer Orth, Faculty of Technology, Bielefeld University