Garrett D'Amore wrote:
[replying off arc]
> Hmm.... that's too bad.  I think it would still be preferable for
> changes of this nature to get at least some minimal review at ARC.
> Although as we don't have any ZFS representation at ARC, maybe review of
> such changes wouldn't add anything useful.

I'd say I pretty much count as ZFS representation these days as I spend
more of my time in the ZFS code base than anything else.

A lot of the ZFS on disk changes are either ARC'd because there is a
visible feature or they are really project private implementation details.

The fast system attributes happens to bereally an implementation detail
that unless you have a very deep understanding of how things work today,
what Lustre needs and what ZFS Crypto needs it would be pointless to try
and follow why what it is doing is useful.  The ZFS team might choose to
bring it to ARC still but I don't believe there are plans to do so,
since it is really needed for Lustre first and ZFS Crypto second.

--
Darren J Moffat