Jedy Wang schrieb:
> Hi Darren,
>
> I just tried run reboot as console user and it failed. It seems reboot
> does not support RBAC. In this case I have to extend ConsoleKit too and
> wait for the its integration (after b128). Do you have any other
> suggestion?
>

> On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 11:26 +0100, Darren J Moffat wrote:
>> Jedy Wang wrote:
>>>     This can be done. I can update my code to make gnome-session invoke
>>> "reboot -f" or "reboot -p" based on what users' choice and do not change
>>> config/fastreboot_default property.
>> I don't see how that can work.  gnome-session is not running with any
>> privilege and with the uid/gid of the logged in user and'reboot' is not
>> setuid.

In another mail in this thread I wrote:

"One way to do that is to add a privileged helper that checks for the
solaris.system.shutdown authorization and then sets the transient
override (probably using method 1.1.3). It might be simplest to make
that helper setuid 0, because a mechanism that uses a "Shutdown User"
profile to do this via pfexec is harder to remove, if the issue gets
fixed on the fast reboot or SMF end."

I still think that this would be an appropriate solution until the
architectural disconnect that makes this so hard can be fixed.

- J?rg

--
Joerg Barfurth           phone: +49 40 23646662 / x66662
Software Engineer        mailto:joerg.barfurth at sun.com
Desktop Technology       http://reserv.ireland/twiki/bin/view/Argus/
Thin Client Software     http://www.sun.com/software/sunray/
Sun Microsystems GmbH    http://www.sun.com/software/javadesktopsystem/